Download the extension from https://www.ftrack.com/downloads
Make sure you have the following dependencies installed
Open ZXP Installer.
ZXP Installer is required for installation with Adobe After Effects CC 2015. If you are using Adobe After Effects CC 2014 and have Adobe Extension Manager installed you can use it instead of ZXP Installer.
4. Locate the downloaded ZXP file and install it by dropping it on ZXP Installer
All done! See Using for instruction on how to use the extension.
Currently, due to limitations in Adobe’s installation procedure, you will need to have either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Premiere installed in addition to Adobe After Effects. If you do not have one of the additional applications installed, the installation will fail with error code 411.
The extension will appear in the other applications as well, but will only be usable within Adobe After Effects
If you get any other errors during installation see Troubleshooting installation for more information.
Building from source¶
Unless you are doing any modifications, there should be no need to build the extension yourself.
To build the extension you will need to have a few Adobe applications installed, available via Creative Cloud. You will also need to have Node.js with NPM installed.
The extension is built using grunt-cep.
- Install ftrack connect.
- Install Creative Cloud
- Install After Effects CC 2014 or CC 2015
- Install Extendscript Toolkit CC
- Open and quit After Effects one time once it is installed.
- Install Node.js with NPM
- Install the Grunt command line interface (globally):
npm install -g grunt-cli
- Clone the ftrack-connect-after-effects repository and switch to appropriate branch.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ftrack/ftrack-connect-after-effects.git
- In a terminal window, navigate to the repository root and install dependencies:
11. To build and install the extension in debug mode, run (replace family with CC2014 if you want to run CC2014):
grunt debug --family=CC2015
- To build and sign a release package, run:
- The extension is opened from .
- Remote debugging is possible by opening
localhost:<port>a web browser.
The port number to use for remote debugging can be found in build/debug/.debug after grunt debug has been executed.
When installing dependencies, you might get a compilation error when building
ws. You can safely disregard from this error.
Under windows, grunt-cep will assume that you are running Node and
Adobe After Effects with the same bitness (e.g. both in 64-bit versions) and
will fail to install the extension otherwise. You can install the dependency
manually by first running
grunt build and then copying the
Enable debug mode in the windows registry by adding a string value with
PlayerDebugMode and value